This adventure started in September of 2008 and ended in January 2009 in Paris. It was a gift to myself to celebrate 60 years on earth...this time. It was part of the 2008=60 tour along with the 2008 Scooter Diaries. I was not blogging then, but just sending emails to friends. Some days are missing. Hopefully I will recover them. I blog my adventures now as much as a way to store the story on line, so I can find them, as much as it is to share with others.







Worked this morning in the garden of our apartment with my new friend Jean Pierre, the owner of our apartment.  Perfectly clear dark blue skies and a perfect temperature.  Afterward we enjoyed a few glass's of a good Rose" from Aix-in-Provence.
 
For lunch my new French friends Annie and Eric ( alias The Singer Alias of local fame) came to join us in a fine meal my wife prepared.  As is the norm in France, lunch required numerous bottles of wine and lasted until after 3pm.  They departed to go swimming in the Med (brrrrrr). 
 
The day is still beautiful, the sky perfect, the location is excellent.  But.....sitting here drinking the last of the  wine in the warm sun with Jimmy Buffet, I would give it all up to turn back the clock about 5 years or so and be back on the boat at M dock or the Bahamas with all the old boating friends of anchored alone off Powell Cay.  Sadly times have changed and those are just great memories.  I share this with you as you are of the few people in the world that can understand what I am thinking.
 
"there is nothing better than just messing about on a boat"   (close)
 
 
Ken Wilson

"Certainly, travel is more than seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on deep and permanent, in the ideas of living."