This adventure started in September of 2008 and ended in January 2009 in Paris. It was a gift to myself to celebrate 60 years on earth...this time. It was part of the 2008=60 tour along with the 2008 Scooter Diaries. I was not blogging then, but just sending emails to friends. Some days are missing. Hopefully I will recover them. I blog my adventures now as much as a way to store the story on line, so I can find them, as much as it is to share with others.







Well, today we caught the ferry and took off for the land of the rich and tourist.  Nice hour ride across the Med in perfect weather.  St. Tropez is a small old town that is very clean and very expensive.  Small alleys, upscale restaurant. more 4 star little hotels than I have ever seen anywhere else and lots of big boats.  We hit the weekly market in the center of town to say hello to Jean Pierre and the roamed around.  Away from the market it was not to crowded.  It was one of the cleanest towns I have ever seen.  No dog pop on the streets here. We debated on whether to have our usual cheap meal, Kebab or baguette with ham, but wound up at a little back alley side walk cafe.  Vicki was very creative and ordered a pizza.  I took the meal of the day and it was the right decision.  Picture attached. We walked a little more and then caught the bus back.  Nice ride and semi-scenic along the coast.  On board the bus was a cat and two dogs.  The French would rather you bring your animals than your children and I have never seen a dog misbehave here.











Ken Wilson
"Certainly, travel is more than seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on deep and permanent, in the ideas of living."